IGNORED

confused about the 16" Wheel rims and offset

riffa3y

Hello everyone 

i own a 280z 1977 and im installing the BC coilovers right now and im confused of choosing the right rim size ( i have the 4x114.3 bolt pattern )

im not planing to fold the fender and im not willing to fix fenders but i would like to fit something that the tires are filling the body .. im thinking of 16x8 Rota RBR or Xxr 531 rims

but i have problem with choosing the offset i want to go for the max -offset in the rear !! i dont want to trim anything in the body if a minor modification will be fine but no rubbing or touching the suspension 

i have attached the perfect setup that im looking for

any advice of the rim size/offset and tires ?? Btw i will install the front wilwood brake system from silvermine motors + rear wilwood brakes from TTT

during my research in the internet i found out that i might need 16x8 -0 for the rear - and 16x8 +20 for the front or can be -0 in the front too ? 

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

Edited by riffa3y

None of those setups have a stock fender... they will have to have been rolled or they will rub. Also, you will need to have some camber involved to clear the wells. The front air dams on all of those cars have also been modified (not stock) as the front wheels would rub the nacelles in corners.

Tire choice is just as critical as rim width and offset.  Even tires in the same size can vary greatly in shape and true width.  

What is the purpose of your car?  Cars and Coffee?  Daily Driver?  Weekend cruiser?  Track car?  This MUST be your first question.  If you only want it to look good and be a fun car, go with a 205/55R16 high performance tire.  If you must have maximum grip, you will need to end up with a squarer tire that is more likely to rub.  

• Like 1

Thank you for your replay

honestly i will be using my car few times i guess ! Lets say for the weekends 

The tires i prefare the racing tires which they look close to slik street .. Nitto maybe !?

How about 16x8 -0 rear and 16x8 +20 front with 225/50/16 ? Or 215

not very slim and not ugly high thick

Imagin this setup with 1/2 or 1 inch lower car !! SUPER 

227A552D-EFAF-490E-9A27-5CF03931ED8D.jpeg

The tires you want will likely rub in the rear.  The fronts might rub on the inside with that offset.  A +6mm offset would be closer to what you want.  My car has 225/50R16 max performance summer tires on 7 inch zero offset rims and they rubbed HARD in the rear.  The fronts rub while backing and turning.

IMG_3404c.JPG