IGNORED

Fuel Pump Relays rewire

Jeepers92

It seems like it's not too unusual for a rebuilt alternator to test bad. See if they will bench test the next one before you install it. There's no use in wasting time swapping in another bad part. At least they gave you an alternator correct for your car.

If you have a trickle charger, put your new battery on that before testing again. The batteries at a parts place can sit there a long time before they are bought.

• Like 1

Just got the new alternator back, about to mount it. it's not a refurb it's new. they did bench test it for us and the battery is new from yesterday so i'm gonna mount it see how it goes and do the rest of the testing you asked for. 

Thanks everyone. 

So far, so good, got everything in, took it for a joy ride and it lives. 

Need to get the fuel pump back to the relays from the switch, and put the skid plate back on, but first, the timing. 

I'm reading 10 degrees BTDC in the manual under tune up but, I can't tell what the numbers are on the piece mounted on the engine. Worn down. Now i'll have to jack the car up to get to the crank to turn it and line it up. This car is turning out to be fun. 

Thanks everyone, We are going to be driving it around tonight and tomorrow and see if we can flush out any problems, i'll report back. 

In summary it seems it was a combination of the fusible links, the fuel relay, the alternator, and the battery. All the joys of classic cars. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...