IGNORED

240z Front Control Arm Bolt

Tirnipgreen

I am in the process of re-assembling the front suspension on my 1973 240z. I am wondering if there are large washers on the outboard sides of the crossmember that the large bolt goes through before and after the bolt goes through the crossmember for the lower control arm bushings. I don't recall there being one under the head of the bolt and under the nyloc nut, but it seems as though there could have been...Thanks for the help, Ryals

17 minutes ago, Tirnipgreen said:

I would think there would be one under the head of the bolt as well.

You only really need one, since only the nut spins when you're tightening.  I don't think there is a washer under the bolt head. 

The parts guys aren't even supplying the other washer.

https://zcardepot.com/collections/front-suspension/products/front-lower-control-arm-bolt-240z-260z-280z

https://zcarsource.com/bolt-kit-front-control-arm-240z-260z-280z-70-78-new

OK...If anyone is still with me on this topic. Does the ball joint go on TOP of the control arm or is it installed from underneath...? The ball joints I bought (MevoTech) fit nicely from underneath...meaning nice and flat and even. When I set the domed cup of the grease fitting through the big hole in the control arm, it does not fit flat. I cannot find a good picture of this in the factory manual...HELP...!

Zed...I feel like if I tighten this down the ball joint casting will crack. I can hear the powder coating cracking on the control arm as I tighten the two smaller bolts. The casting seems to be a bit too large or tapered for the large hole...maybe too much powder coat...? I don't want to bend the control arm when I tighten the larger through bolts with the tension arm on top of the ball joint flange...Just nervous, that's all...! Thanks...Ryals