IGNORED

Electrical Fuel Pump Pressure Problems

Yellow78

The pump makes noises I wouldn’t call it loud. Somewhere in the specs it said it should pump between 50 and 70 psi
Spectra Premium SP1188 Electric Fuel Pump.

It’s the same problem I had with my old pump that’s why I replaced it. Tomorrow I’m going to test the old pump for pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

You need to break it down.

start by setting up the pump stand alone with just some tubing and buckets. Carefully setup some wiring (no sparks near the pump or gas) and see if you can get the pump to work. Do a flow volume test then a PSI dead head test.

Once you are sure the pump is working try it again this time using the power supplied by the wire harness but still using buckets for feed and return.

Next introduce one thing at a time, try hooking up the outlet to the car test the flow and volume.

Next the supply from the tank

Next the return to the tank

ONE variable at a time. You have already tried stuff and not getting desired results. when that happens with out being there to see exactly what you are doing the above approach HAS to  find the problem.

3 hours ago, Yellow78 said:

So I did another test.
Under the hood I disconnected at the out put of the fuel filter put on a pressure gauge and got a consistent 26 PSI slowly.
Not enough pressure. Should I try to adjust the fuel dampener?
Any help or device please.

I think I'd put the gauge on the input hose to the filter.  You could have a semi clogged fuel filter?

I bought one of the last available Bosch pumps in 2011 for over $250.  zcardept.com has one for $280...

https://www.ebay.com/i/323507625205?chn=ps

It's easy to get spun around when trying to figure out the EFI systems.  Just to be clear, when you're doing these isolation or deletion tests, taking out the filter or the damper, is the FPR still at the end of the system?  You should be able to get more pressure by clamping the return line tightly.  

You said that you had this problem with your old pump.  You actually measured pressure and it only went in to the 20's?  Like you're seeing now?  It might be that your FPR is no good, and the pumps are fine.

Give a good description of one of your tests, from fuel pump, through the lines and any devices, and back to whatever container the return line goes to.  There's not a good clear picture of what's happening.

22 hours ago, Yellow78 said:

5. Replaced fuel rail with new Pallnet rail.

What kind of FPR are you using?  Most people get an adjustable FPR with the Pallnet fuel rails.

My last test was from fuel tank to pump directly ( no filter no damper)to the main filter under hood to a pressure gauge, 26 PSI.m. My old pump is dead.
I’m using the stock FPR
Ones I can get the pressure up to around 40PSI to the rail I will look to masked sure the FPR is working.