IGNORED

Roof joints

Patcon

Interesting ! Some things to consider with my race car ( well someday ). John as good people and shared with me some experience he had for working with Rebello and it was helpful. 

So bigger connected rails are okay , but only spot weld ?

10 minutes ago, madkaw said:

Interesting ! Some things to consider with my race car ( well someday ). John as good people and shared with me some experience he had for working with Rebello and it was helpful. 

So bigger connected rails are okay , but only spot weld ?

We talked a little about Rebello too.

John said to leave a gap of like 1 1/2" or so and seam seal after your done.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply.  The late John Coffey and I had several conversations regarding why the "C" pillar develops a crack with the  leading reasons being (in no particular order):

• Age of the vehicle
  • Usage (rough roads, track or autocross, etc.)
  • Prior damage
  • Addition of a full cage
  • Addition of continuously seam welded BDP frame rails

As Matsuo San stated the leaded connection between the rear quarter panel and the roof ( C-pillar) was done to ensure if anything cracked it would be this and not the windshield connection. Picture in your mind a failed A-pillar causing the windshield to fall back into the driver and passenger or fly off and crash into another vehicle. I can only imagine that these were considered along with the number of lawsuits Americans file each year and they decided to just lead that joint instead since Mr. K was very much against a different style door window trim design. He went on to say that under normal driving conditions it should not crack but then turned and gestured towards me and said "unless you drive like John". 

People install our frame rails for any number of reasons but I suspect that most do so because they have increased the HP/torque in a 40 to 48 year old unibody made to house a 150HP engine.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gnosez said:

Sorry for the late reply.  The late John Coffey and I had several conversations regarding why the "C" pillar develops a crack with the  leading reasons being (in no particular order):

• Age of the vehicle
  • Usage (rough roads, track or autocross, etc.)
  • Prior damage
  • Addition of a full cage
  • Addition of continuously seam welded BDP frame rails

As Matsuo San stated the leaded connection between the rear quarter panel and the roof ( C-pillar) was done to ensure if anything cracked it would be this and not the windshield connection. Picture in your mind a failed A-pillar causing the windshield to fall back into the driver and passenger or fly off and crash into another vehicle. I can only imagine that these were considered along with the number of lawsuits Americans file each year and they decided to just lead that joint instead since Mr. K was very much against a different style door window trim design. He went on to say that under normal driving conditions it should not crack but then turned and gestured towards me and said "unless you drive like John". 

People install our frame rails for any number of reasons but I suspect that most do so because they have increased the HP/torque in a 40 to 48 year old unibody made to house a 150HP engine.

Finally, the actual translator LOL