IGNORED

Verifying numbers

IronKen

Hello, I have a purchased a 1970 240Z. It is in boxes and I am just getting started on the restoration and I would like to verify the vin number with the engine block that came with the car. I am missing the plate in the engine bay on the tower and would like to keep it a matching numbers car if it is the original block. Based on what I have been able to find I think it is the original block but 100% confident that it is. Could someone please help me verify??

Vin #HLS-30-02884

Block #L24-005300

Thanks!

• Like 1

I can’t verify that your engine is original, but did go to Carl Beck’s web site, Zhome.com, and checked 

the owners registry.  Hls30-02807 has an engine #L24-05798 which is close to your car.

your car is in the ballpark.  Check out Zhome.com.

Dan

Great Wilkes, do you have a 240? I am just getting started on my restoration and will need some help finding parts, do you know of any good resources around here? I am currently looking for the glass for my 1970 240Z do you know if any around Utah?

Ken

Ken, Sent you a PM. I think you'd need to use google to find glass, it is out there. I think most of the glass is interchangeable from 1970 to 1978 (if anyone knows better, chime in). The biggest difference on the early car is the direction of the hatch window defroster lines. The early cars lines are vertical, not sure when they went horizontal, my guess is 72, my 73 had horizontal defroster lines.   Wilkes

11 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Can't say for certain, but I thought the block parts were pretty much the same through 72.

https://www.ebay.com/i/152926893027?chn=ps

I've not had to open mine up, it works fine. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on the boards knows for sure and will jump in.

Boy I looked for an hour on ebay last night and didn't see anything! They will work, thanks!

8 hours ago, IronKen said:

The car is completely was dismantled when I received it and there are parts missing including piston's, push rods and the caps. 

I don't know if different caps will fit into your block. I think any caps from L-16 through L-28 should work. Although the thrust bearing caps are different

How many do you need? Which ones?

Edited by Patcon