IGNORED

Welder and cutter

captainkim@yahoo.com

Looking for an experienced welder that can remove and replace/weld  rockers and floor pans at a reasonable cost.   All the shops are either too busy or want my first born.   Willing to drive anywhere in the northeast if needed.  Will order the rockers and floor pans.  any assistance is greatly appreciated

A lot of shops don't want to touch this kind of work. At least you found some that will. How much are the shops charging to do something like this? It takes about 40 hours just to do the floors. The rockers are easier but I always find more rust around the seat belt area behind the rockers. That adds more work and time too.

Chuck

Don’t look for the cheapest solution. Look for the best value in return for quality of work. Not an inexpensive repair to do and not one to “go cheap” on.
I wouldn’t do this work for someone else. I did it myself and spent months getting it done right. What’s that worth? I wouldn’t have paid me to do it! I ain’t got that kind of money!

New floors

Edited by wheee!

You've probably heard the old saying "Do it right or do it over".  You really don't want any do-overs here.  The Z unibody is too dependent on all of the panels and box members being right.  If the outer rockers are shot, how are the inner rockers?  If the floors are gone, are the underlying frame rails also compromised?  Be sure you have a good picture of all of the areas to be repaired and make sure the shop has a good frame machine to get the car properly locked in place for the replacement work.  Good luck and keep us posted.