IGNORED

Restoration of my 72 240Z

Jaymanbikes

6 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I'm jumping in blind but the MSA ceramic header and 2.5" premium exhaust is fantastic for the price. I have it on both mine but needed a resonator n my 280. Local guy did it for $50 if I remember right. Very sweet sound. Plus the ceramic header cuts the heat way down around the fuel side. That big ole cast iron oe manifold holds heat causing hot restarts problems in my expirences. 

That’s exactly what I have on my 280z and have been very happy with it.  I also had to have a small resonator installed it was pretty obnoxious without it.  On this 240 build I was looking to stay a bit more stockish. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work has slowed down and since I dont have the cash for a respray I’m doing some of the work myself.  Will have it resprayed completely some day.   The car was resprayed at some point and the color is not factory.  I had a match done but it’s not going to be spot on.  The under side of the hood was pretty ratty so I started there.  I also water sanded the top side of the hood AA83A1CB-4180-48DC-86FA-CBD54DA6556A.jpeg55070DF7-0213-4185-991E-120BE1BDD390.jpeg and it’s looking much better.  Also got a few more parts to complete the engine compartment.  AA034C53-635F-4552-918E-800FEA72931C.jpegD37AED53-83AC-46C7-B2C4-2D422EB1E8F9.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

they both look really nice, what suspension setup does the blue one have?

Pretty much stock with lowering springs and KYB’s.  15x8 zero offset wheels with 205-55-15 tires.   Silver one is the same but with Tokicos struts and springs 15x7 zero offset wheels and 225-50-15 tires 

32 minutes ago, Jaymanbikes said:

Pretty much stock with lowering springs and KYB’s.  15x8 zero offset wheels with 205-55-15 tires.   Silver one is the same but with Tokicos struts and springs 15x7 zero offset wheels and 225-50-15 tires 

I was not aware that KYB could handle lowering springs. shame I just replaced the suspension on my Z and the car sits so high now, was really considering getting springs, and redoing it. What springs did you go with if you done mind me asking.. ?

13 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

I was not aware that KYB could handle lowering springs. shame I just replaced the suspension on my Z and the car sits so high now, was really considering getting springs, and redoing it. What springs did you go with if you done mind me asking.. ?

I have Vogtlands on the 240.  I had heard that about KYB’s but I had KYB’s and Vogtlands on the 280 and never had issues.  We shall see on the 240

8 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

I was not aware that KYB could handle lowering springs.

All depends on what you mean "handle". The only thing that can go wrong is (since you will be operating in a lower "average" length of cartridge extension) you run an increased risk of bottoming out the strut cartridge . However, if you install lowering springs that are stiffer than stock, you can compensate for the reduced amount of travel.

Not sure I said that right.... I'm not a suspension guy. Haha!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...