IGNORED

Stainless clutch hose that fits correctly solved

pontiacguy

I posted a while ago asking if anyone had found a stainless clutch hose that fit 100% no one had the reason i asked is that i bought one from MSA and it was too loose to fit into the frame bracket retaining sleeve I contacted a company called    techna-fit  in indiana they said no problem send us your old one we will match it they did perfectly and the best part is the cost $ 10.00 plus shipping in the photos the longest one is MSA and  looking down the one on the left is MSA the right  techna - fit

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0985-1.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980-1.JPG

• Like 1

Just looked on their website part is listed as the-- tag reads --they have it listed for $ 25.00 i sent them an email letting them know it will fit  240/ 260  so maybe they already made this but didnt label it for 240/260    forgot to mention called the other z vendors and none had a line that would fit into the frame bracket retainer as the original did       maybe im being too fussy but and i do appreciate the companys that sell Z parts      BTW     same with alot of the pontiac stuff    -id only wish they would do a little more hands on fittament testing or at least in the part description  let you know the non fitament details

• Like 1

the web site is not the best at first i just sent an email asking if they could make one for me in  the search type in--- 1979-1983 nissan 280z         the part will come up as NC-110     now as i mentioned i sent them my old one and my label says ncl-110  not sure if there is any difference          email them they respond and were great to deal with

17 minutes ago, pontiacguy said:

the web site is not the best at first i just sent an email asking if they could make one for me in  the search type in--- 1979-1983 nissan 280z         the part will come up as NC-110     now as i mentioned i sent them my old one and my label says ncl-110  not sure if there is any difference          email them they respond and were great to deal with

Maybe it's longer, ie ncL-110

Great info either way.  Thanks for posting.  If I recall right the brake lines have the same problem, I seem to remember having to use a wrench when I swapped calipers because the nut was too small on my Earl's brake lines.  Weird that Earl's can't do metric or just decided that theirs were "close enough".

http://www.technafitstore.com/Brake-Line-Kits-s/1825.htm

Patcon    just got the line today they made it id guess a week and a half ago  my main point great to deal with -call or email tell em what you want  not trying to cause confusion when i emailed and said the application they didnt say we already make one     my concern was the 19mm wrench end into the frame sleeve     they said we have that size     send us your old one and we can copy it

zed head i think im gonna- guess- Earls bread and butter is hot rods resto mods ect but old american so id say they dont have metric outer fittings and again   i appreciate MSA and all the other z vendors-but all of them missed the mark on the line fitting in the sleeve    why     i dunno    cost ect  and yes as said you can use any of thier lines wrench em  up   then slip them in the bracket and clip em    i just got a bit over the top on this one

Im gald to help -its not easy to keep these cars going and certainly a bit frustrating when a part dont fit     and this is a great forum      my thanks to all others    for the research     and sweat equity     ive leaned alot here     as well -thanks to all