IGNORED

Photo from the 70's my uncles 240z and a few other cars

pontiacguy

Here are some pictures taken in the 70's of my uncles 240z this is why i have a Z myself now tkaen in Northridge calif

I would vist each summer- not my uncle by family he and my aunt divorced in the early 80's and I dont know the whereabouts of the Z

File1.jpg

File2.jpg

File-1.jpg

File7.jpg

File9.jpg

File20.jpg

File34.jpg

File18.jpg

File5.jpg

File6.jpg

File14.jpg

File16.jpg

File4.jpg

File33.jpg

File17.jpg

File32.jpg

File36.jpg

File41.jpg

File42.jpg

File25.jpg

File21.jpg

File28.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry for the typos   one more   pic 

a little backround on the Z

he bought it new in 72 from Granada Datsun it was 113 green he then put an air research turbo on it i think it came from AK mille r the car had a full roll cage  and he extended the louvers to the edge of the hatch -then when he put the G nose on it he then painteded it brown  some of the pictures are at the dry lakes and some are from bonneville

the picture with the hood off was taken in the alley on the side of Granada Datsun the service manager at the time was a good friend of his

File20.jpg

• Like 3

Your uncle was a very cool guy.  These days, the high-dollar car afficianados wet their pants over the Bonneville Speed Week experience and the guys that make it happen. Your uncle was there.  This is probably the only picture in existence of a Z on the salt flats.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Namerow  thanks for the compliment

and yes my uncle had a good eye for cars all the cars you see he owned including the Triumph TR 250K which now is in the Bret Hart collection i belive--  the black bently was traded for the jag xk 120m

The dry lakes and Bonneville racing was in the 73/ 74 ect he would have held record for the class but in those days no intercoolers for turbos too much heat caused inconsitant runs at the salt flats if i remember you needed 2 or 3 runs-- very consistant to each other to hold or beat a record

at the dry lakes the Z in green  with turbo  would consitanly run 134 to 145mph but single runs 

and yea thats me as a-- kid --at least i got to-- ride -sit in and wash the cars

one of the factors that made me a car nut

• Like 1

I am so glad that seeing the real G-Nose set up  out side of Japan. I guess your uncle was a rare customer who brought the set up from Nissan USA. Mr. K had a same thing on his yellow 240Z !

Kats

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

Kats  thanks  and yes my uncle was probably one of the very few that bought the G nose -i recall he called it the " Datsun racing nose " i think and i dont have a photo  he also bought the competion steering wheel

the funny tie in is the the    TR 250K    he mentioned  when he bought it from pete brock- (BRE) pete asked him to promise to keep it blue ive tried to follow that car and saw it up for auction in the early 90's it was red so i belive he must have sold it or maybe he did have it painted red none the less its now min theBret Hart collection and has been brought back to blue and race correct

He must have quickly realized the preformance potential of the L24 soon after he bought the 72  i also  recall him telling me after the turbo install gave the corvettes and the panteras a hell of a red light to red light a run for it

as he mentioned often the z would come out on top

i dont belive at that time 72/73 /74 to many had put a turbo on their Z

• Like 1