IGNORED

EMPI Original 8-Spoke, 2-piece Wheels

rwag66

5ea, still in original mislabeled boxes, never used beyond certifying content.  Bolts, O-rings, Caps as originally shipped.

Appear to be specifically manufactured for early Z Cars. 

Contact for more info. 

Specs:

EMPI Original 2-Piece, 8-Spoke, 4-Bolt Wheels, 14” Rims, Set of 5, complete.  $500
Still in boxes, never assembled nor mounted.

Bolt Pattern:  4-bolt pattern, measuring center to center:  4.5”; 114.3mm.  
Enter this info in the link below for vehicles with this bolt pattern:

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp#axzz4gWleiLhM

Summary of dimensions:

Wheel Diameter:  14”
Bolt Pattern:           4x4.5”; 4x114.3mm
Rim Width:             5.375”  (5 3/8”)
Wheel Offset:         0.8125 (13/16”)
Wheel backspace  3.875   ( 3 7/8”)

Price:

When asked of someone now working for Gene Berg Enterprises, they said these were very rare and expensive.  I

found very little info on them.  Then, consider that in 1974 gas was $0.589/gal., now $3.509. 

At one point, they would be worth more hanging on a wall as art work. 

The first time I saw 8-spokes I called them "banana" spokes, in New Brunswick, NJ at the speed shop I was having

my TC engine parts balanced, May , 1963.  They were on, said by the driver, to be the first Jaguar XKE off the boat.  Yellow.

I fell in love with those wheels and the car they were mounted on.  But I had that TC and these wheels will never adapt to

it so the dream continues...

Ron

Bolt pattern stuff.docx

My '73 that I got in '75 had these same wheels with 185/70-14 Continentals dealer installed. They are pretty rare these days. They were originally for VWs as EMPI was and is a VW accessory and engine company. They had the same bolt pattern when VW went to 4 lugs from 5. I tried to find a set when I got my current car, but was unsuccessful. This set is gorgeous. I agree with the wall art sentiment.

Cheers, Mike

• 2 years later...

It's been years.

Don't know what a PM is.  Way, Way too much $^!# flying in my face to easily figure out how to reply to you.

The wheels are as stated in the original ad.  I have a Word doc with all the specs.

Don't remember much about the details, will have to send to you/read over again.

They haven't changed since the photos were changed.

Ask for details.

Make an offer.   Call Gene Berg Enterprises for a price idea.  (714) 998-7500

Tell them I bought them from Gene in 1973.  They had been sent out in the wrong

boxes, and I thought I could drill them out to fit the 1966 VW Bug.  The die holes are

there for the core drill.  Never got further than looking at them.  The VW left in 2016 on

a tow truck to the driver.  Weber DCOEs, on the pulled engine, $100 for the lot.

You may remember an old bar song with the phrase "Keep on sittin' on 'em, ain't gonna'

give 'em away."

Ron

eMail:  rwag66@yahoo.com

7 hours ago, rwag66 said:

It's been years.

Don't know what a PM is.  Way, Way too much $^!# flying in my face to easily figure out how to reply to you.

The wheels are as stated in the original ad.  I have a Word doc with all the specs.

Don't remember much about the details, will have to send to you/read over again.

They haven't changed since the photos were changed.

Ask for details.

Make an offer.   Call Gene Berg Enterprises for a price idea.  (714) 998-7500

Tell them I bought them from Gene in 1973.  They had been sent out in the wrong

boxes, and I thought I could drill them out to fit the 1966 VW Bug.  The die holes are

there for the core drill.  Never got further than looking at them.  The VW left in 2016 on

a tow truck to the driver.  Weber DCOEs, on the pulled engine, $100 for the lot.

You may remember an old bar song with the phrase "Keep on sittin' on 'em, ain't gonna'

give 'em away."

Ron

eMail:  rwag66@yahoo.com

I sent you an email. I would like to buy them.