how to tell interior light is on with dead battery - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

how to tell interior light is on with dead battery

Featured Replies

Found battery totally dead. Maybe the interior dome light was bumped on while getting stuff from hatch area. Need to check it first before testing anything else. Doubt if I can remove the plastic lens without accidentally turning it off or on. Thinking check continuity at fuse box if it has it's own fuse.

Also want to find an LED bulb for it that won't use as much power next time it's left on. Until then I plan to remove that bulb whether or not it was the problem this time, since it's killed the battery before.

Put a jumper battery on your car. What year car is it. I used a LED in my 72. It sat all day and car started. Optima redtop battery on a battery tender when not drivenIMG_6138.JPG


72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

  • Author

No place to hook up a charger so maybe I'll buy a jumper battery, used to have one but it died. Or call triple A.

I went to the superbrightleds site, plan to order a couple of those LEDS, thanks.

Be sure and get one like 7tooZ has.  I messed up and got a frosted looking one at a local parts chain store, it sucks too just to lazy to change it out plus I'm scared I'll break the light fixture. 

Image result for led dome light for 240z

I tried to turn my interior light on just a week ago and I put my finger right through it.  Dust and shards.  It's time was up.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.