IGNORED

260z Body LEDs

heyitsrama

Howdy,

Was getting another revision of my wiring harness down, pulled the trigger on some LEDs for the chassis, just wanted to share results.

I ordered from SuperBrightLeds.com.

4x 1057 LED (blinkers for turn signals + rear blinkers) : 1156-CW18-T: Cool White

BioHRBuMTOOkvkU9gLZM+A.jpg

4x 1056 LED (Tail light + Reverse) : 1157-W26-CBT: White

qsxnerJVRc+fkJ4cSgaGGw.jpg

8x 67 LED (Body + Taillight [two spare, I like the older color for the license plates]) : 67-CW12-G: Cool White

FyTtk0PCRRiNiOB1g6%ntQ.jpg

I need to get the flasher working, debating to get either https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/stackpole-electronics-inc/KAL50FB6R00/KAL50FB6R00-ND/1646199 or https://www.amazon.com/Resistors-Signal-License-Warning-Cancellor/dp/B004EDF8HY to add load to the line. I think that it might be possible to just add the resistors under the dashboard or mounted on the driver kick panel. Should be straight forward to install. Leaning toward the amazon one, the price point seems to be good.

Here they are for comparison on the car, brake off then brakes on. I do prefer the hazy yellow for the license plates ha... 825D38F8-3BA1-408D-9201-4D10C2A021AF.jpg

I just want people to be able to see me, I was thinking about something that would  send a visual pulse by blinking the LEDS rapidly when the brake is depressed. Just wanna make sure kids in SUVs see me ha. 

Edited by heyitsrama

Hi,   I think adding a big resistor to make the flasher work is not the way to go..  now you can finally unload the switch and you go ad more current to it!  Look for another flasher (from a more modern car)  that works with those small current lights..  your switches will last a lot longer.  ?

Hi,   I think adding a big resistor to make the flasher work is not the way to go..  now you can finally unload the switch and you go ad more current to it!  Look for another flasher (from a more modern car)  that works with those small current lights..  your switches will last a lot longer.  [emoji846]

“My mind is telling me yes, but my wallet, my wallet is telling me nooooooooooo”

Hahaha yeah I was looking through those online, I like the idea of adjustable flash rate.