IGNORED

where does water go around wipers below windshield

hls3073z

On 11/22/2018 at 11:49 AM, Jughead said:

That explains he rust in my front fenders.  I wonder where the Datsun designers thought the water would go...?

If it were restricted to water, it would be fine piddling out behind the fender, but inevitably leaves and pine needles and debris goes down the drains and end up packed behind the fender at the bottom. This soggy mess trapping moisture in there full time  is source of rust. 

There is a mod discussed here where you add a 90 deg elbow and an addition hose to the cowl drain hose that runs all the way down and empties into the wheel well. Pokes out where that little rubber flat is located at the bottom of the fender/inner wheel well plate is.

This makes sure WHATEVER comes down that hose ends up in free air behind the wheel, not trapped behind the fender.  1.25 elbow and hose I think is the size.

• Like 1