IGNORED

Bumperless

SHOTIME

I was working on getting my diff. out this weekend so I kept looking at the back of the car. I thought to myself it would look a lot better if the bumper was left off and the mounts patched up. Does anybody have any pics of this and/or the front bumper removed?

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=38996

That's a link to George's rear end ROFL .

I was gonna do the same as I think it would look good without the bumper but the amount of damage that would be sustained even on a minor hit would not be worth it in my opinion. Even one while your parked would be not fun. I had my car reversed into twice in one month first damaged the bonnet then my bumper.

It may pay to know that there's not a lot of protection there without the bumper and several cars have been written off due to a missing bumper.

Your call but I wouldn't do it and while my bumper is off I'm taking a big risk. See my gallery last page red car.

My opinion don't do it. :disappoin

Make sure you check your local and state laws before doing that.....It is illeagal in a lot of states. I got nailed by a cop for driving my first Z without a bumper. Of course I was 18 at the time and the stereo could be heard 200 yards away... all he could do was give me a ticket for the bumpers.

I checked with the local authorties and it is perfectly legal here, different country of course.

I did think about the increased damage possibility, but there will be damage even if they hit the rear rear bumper. The 240/260 bumpers arent the most substantial impact protection around :classic:

I think the 240Z's look good with or without the front bumper.

I dented my 240 front bumper 7-8 years ago. I cut the center section out and rolled the ends in at each side of the hood ....

Kinda made '73 Camaro 'split' bumpers....... looked like sh*t.

I liked it with out though after I had the side mounting areas filled flush with the fender.

- Jeff

Bumpers are coming off. If a car is like a woman it has to have a nice rear end. I can't justify spending $800 or so to get new ones. This is going to be just a weekend car so I'm not concerned with the legality of anything. I have a good lawyer and one of those PBA stickers on all my cars that get you out of all but a DWI. I'd doubt they'd even notice, cops around here are about as sharp as a dull spoon.