IGNORED

resurrecting a 1977 280Z

MM569457

Finally back stateside. Dug through the old part boxes and found an old interpart mount I could use. Had to beat it with a hammer, since it was a bit beat up on the metal mount. The louver is back in the car.

its 105° plus weather in north Texas, I’ll be looking into A/C for the car. Looking at vintage air. Drove to work yesterday, and I got a door ding. Not to stressed, I’ll probably be wrapping the car eventually

IMG_0926.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

Update: been busy to work on the car. Last two weeks did a few things:

had the Carbs tuned. Unaware to me, rebellos are happiest at an idle of 1200rpm. While driving, it can creep up to 1600rpm, but overall the average is 12-1400 at stop signs. Mechanics say per rebello this is normal.

it was discovered during time up there is now a fuel starvation issue, possibly with the pickup line in the gas tank. The gas tank was cleaned before I put it in, but it’s full of gunk (car sat for another 3 years before running fuel and starting up).

I noticed it going on the highway, it bogs down in 5th going about 60mph.

I have a spare gas tank that is currently being cleaned out, if that’s no good I’ll probably get one of those S30world plastic tanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MM569457 said:

I have a spare gas tank that is currently being cleaned out, if that’s no good I’ll probably get one of those S30world plastic tanks.

S30.World has steel tanks. The plastic tanks are sold by someone else.

• Agree 1