IGNORED

WIRING

krZing

Hello all. I recently removed the dash and fixed lighting issues with my ‘73 240z. All are fixed but now I can’t remember where this wire connected to. I took some pictures while dismantling the wirings but I left this one out. Can someone pls. tell me where this wire go. It is for the temperature control for the ac. Thanks 

819BE97A-A877-4D25-BBAF-3B7743083811.jpeg

B684CC2F-847C-4EC2-AD4C-2A0F50054B3E.jpeg

Derek over on HybridZ  was correct...  That's a micro-switch for the A/C.  The capillary tube goes to the evap core - it just "senses" the temperature of the core.  It has a connection to switched power (the inline fuse is a giveaway...) and then this is the first in what could be a series of switches on the way to the compressor clutch. 

So, power in -> micro-switch -> out to (eventually) the compressor clutch.  (There may be other switches in the path such as high-pressure switch, low-pressure switch (prob not), fan switch may need to be engaged, etc....)

It has a fuse and it runs through a switch.  It's a power supply line.  So all you need to do is decide when you want it to have power.  It's probably tied to the Accessory circuit somehow, maybe through a tap, since it's aftermarket, to the Acc relay.  You can search for the original connector or make your own.  Use an ohm meter to make sure that the circuit is not shorted.  Turn the switch while you're measuring resistance, it should go from some resistance to open circuit as it passes the temperature set point, assuming the other end of the circuit is connected correctly.  Put a 10 amp fuse in the little holder too and you should be safe.  It will blow if you made a mistake.