IGNORED

remove door lock cylinder and handle-> remove window regulator?

Jeff Berk

Is it possible to remove the lock and handle from the 260z's doors without removing the window & regulator? The FSM (pg BF-18) doesn't mention anything about removing the window but getting to the two bolts holding the handle and the clip attached to the lock cylinder seem to be inaccessible with the window in place.

Note, I'm getting ready to wrap the car and need to pull this off to get a clean wrap.

Jeff 

I've done it on a 76 280Z.  You just have to contort and have the right tools.  I think that I used a small 12 point closed end wrench and turned a point at a time.  Or something similar.  The clip probably required needle nose pliers or similar.  I remember the ordeal, but not the details.  I seem to recall that disconnecting the actuating rod was hard also. Overall, a tedious pain.

3 hours ago, Jeff Berk said:

Is it possible to remove the lock and handle from the 260z's doors without removing the window & regulator? The FSM (pg BF-18) doesn't mention anything about removing the window but getting to the two bolts holding the handle and the clip attached to the lock cylinder seem to be inaccessible with the window in place.

Note, I'm getting ready to wrap the car and need to pull this off to get a clean wrap.

Jeff 

Yes, you can remove the lock and handle without removing the window. I just find that it's easy to do it with removing the window. The regulator can stay in. You just have to remove the guide at the front of the window.