IGNORED

240Z Vintage Rubber Floor Mats AMCO

niushork

Hi all of you interested on this topic.

I might have found a company that does 3D scanning and then stamps rubber mats.

I will be contacting in the coming days to see if they would like to do this.

Who could be interested on getting a set of this mats ?

Let me know if the forum member with the set for scanning doesn't work out.

I have 2 sets---one in black that is cracked, but new and complete, and one in brown that is NOS (and perfect). If it turns out that you need a set for the scanning let me know.

I would like to have 2 new sets in black.

Thanks for taking this project on!

I hope it works out well for all concerned.

21 hours ago, Zup said:

IF they are exact reproductions of the originals you depicted in your photo above, count me in for 1, and possibly 2, sets.

Many thanks! Would you mind posting a picture of the brown set ? Thanks.

I have a NOS set of the brown mats also, but I believe mine are the later version that just have a "Z" in the center circle. That way they could be used on the 260Z and 280Z as well. Jim's may be the same later version, but that should be easy enough to replace with the earlier 240Z logo.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

Ok i have made some more research and this is what I have found.

AMCO was an American company that became very successful in the 60s by producing different aftermarket products for British Sport Cars.

It disappeared somehow in the late 70s.

A manufacturer of parts for Austin Healeys bought from them the original toolings to make the Austin's rubber mats exactly as AMCO made them in the 60-70s so I'm trying to contact that manufacturer to see if we can source the original AMCO toolings to reproduce the 240z rubber mats.

If we cannot go that route, it will have to be the SCAN route.

Will keep you all posted.

Amco1.JPG

amco Datsun.jpg

amco3.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mike B said:

I have a NOS set of the brown mats also, but I believe mine are the later version that just have a "Z" in the center circle. That way they could be used on the 260Z and 280Z as well. Jim's may be the same later version, but that should be easy enough to replace with the earlier 240Z logo.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

Thanks Mike.

Yes I agree with you, specially since you look at the Brochure for Accessories that Datsun gave the dealers, it only shows the front mats.

72Broc3.jpg