joe newsom

Bumper ReShape

I have been going over the ideas of buying a new bumper or rebuilding mine. Rebuilding will have more character so I would like to go this route. However I have concerns that my front bumper may not be fixable. My grandpa hit something and it caused the the bumper to flex out. Any ideas of reshaping?IMG_0014.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I think I would remove it from the car and hope some ideas presented themselves when off.  Put it against a tree and push it in with a four wheeler or another car?  Put a ratchet strap around it and pull it in?

Squirt all the nuts with a mix of a quart ATF and a quart of acetone.  That stuff works great, and you'll have enough for that Z and a couple more. :)

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

That $1,000 could and should be spent on other areas judging by the picture posted.

Not gonna debate that! Bumpers are the last thing I think about when doing a car. They are really just pretty jewelry on these cars...

• Like 1

Your bumper can be fixed for sure and the platers are the guys to do it but with what chrome shops are charging these days it might be better to hang on the originals but replace them with aftermarket.