No brake pedal when car running - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

No brake pedal when car running

Featured Replies

Hello Guys,  72 240Z.

I'm almost ready to drive the car I bought last year, but I can't get a brake pedal when engine running.  It feels pretty firm with engine off.   I have replaced everything except booster and lines.   I have bleed multiple times, so I'm sure of no air in system.  In my experience when a booster is bad the pedal will be harder when car started.   Any idea?

1 hour ago, Rio24 said:

 

Edited by Zed Head

  • Author

That's exactly what is means.   Doesn't really drop to the floor on its own.  Just no resistance when pressing down.  Pedal does return to the top.   I bought the car with a seized engine and got that going .   Next was the brake system need attention.   I replaced calipers pads rotors and drums ,wheel cylinders ,shoes and hardware.  Not sure what else you need.   Thanks for your time zed head

  • Author

The car has been sitting for 10+ years.  

My mistake.

Edited by Zed Head

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

OK  Zed head.   Just giving you details.  Master has been replaced

Good luck.

 

Edited by Zed Head

  • Author

I don't understand your point?   I'm here for help Zed.   You wanted details, I gave them to you.   What about the bleed screws?   They are all working properly.  I bled the system a few times.  Pressure, vacuum and manually bled just today.   

  • Author

I'm sorry but I thought the title of my post explains my symptom Zed head.    Everything has been replaced except lines and booster.   

Back to the future...

Edited by Zed Head

  • Author

Is that what you call helping?  More like wasting time.  Glad I could help with your boredom sir.  

Although, the part about boredom is on-point.  So, thank you for that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.