IGNORED

Combo switch

krZing

Siteunseen. By just looking at the images you post. It look similar to mine except the green and wire wires. Could the P.O. possibly switch the location. See picture and thank you for reply4ADD0F3B-D7DD-4597-92D3-1DC919B992E5.jpeging 

0B4A1040-5B2F-411E-873B-F85E7B87900C.jpeg

You are definitely missing a wire. My $0.02: The wire for the running lights came off of the contact on the switch. The PO starting hacking wires because he didn't know how to fix it properly.

It's clear from the scratch marks on the little metal tabs of that switch that someone has opened that thing up in the past. I'm sure it's all related.

Maybe the wire's solder joint was weakened by that process, Maybe they took it off completely during that process and didn't do a good job of putting it back on. Maybe the headlight side rocker inside the switch was burned beyond recognition so they swapped the one from the running lights over. There might not even be a rocker on the running light side if that's the case. Maybe they took that wire off intentionally to use a separate mounted switch somewhere else.

Just thinking out loud as to why that switch and wiring is the way it is now. I think you have identified the "what". I'm just musing about the "why".  :)

Hey Captain thanks for your post. I was the one that opened the circuit because head lights were not working so I cleaned the carbon built up. Now headlights are working. I was just trying to figure out the green and white wire. See my previous post. Thanks for any advise

CB2EDFB6-059F-4407-95B7-8B8893A190D1.jpeg

21 hours ago, krZing said:

Hey Captain thanks for your post. I was the one that opened the circuit because head lights were not working so I cleaned the carbon built up. Now headlights are working. I was just trying to figure out the green and white wire. See my previous post. Thanks for any advise

CB2EDFB6-059F-4407-95B7-8B8893A190D1.jpeg

Here is a photo a wire diagram I have used for sometime now. Here is a section that shows the Hazard and ignition switch area and shows a Green/white wire. Maybe it will help. Could that connector go to the Flasher?

Green White wire.JPG

Edited by 7tooZ
  • Like 1