IGNORED

Fuel injection snafu

horid_minda

It's just two wires, and a DC motor.  Can't really screw that up beyond accidentally shorting the power wire and blowing a fuse, or connecting the wires backward.  Those are, really, about the only two things that can go wrong.
Sorry.  Keep it simple.  You might have accidentally bumped some other wires or discovered an already existing problem.
Right on thanks for the help

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

1 hour ago, horid_minda said:

Ok so zed head I swapped the wires around and now my passenger side blinker started going nuts and the pump bogged down??? What's up with that

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

I'm not sure what is causing your blinker to play up like that. Hard to believe it has anything to do with the pump. Poor grounding connections can cause all sorts of wierd things in the electrical system.

The pump bogging down could be just building up pressure until it reaches FPR pressure or the fuel line is blocked and it's relieving internally. Can you see any + or - markings on the pump? A flow test will tell you if it is right. These pumps will pump when in reverse, but only half capacity. The original pump will only reach about 25psi in reverse.

Also I believe there is a chassis ground near where you're working. If you damaged it; it could make your lights wonky as the pump current looks for the path of least resistance. The "Sparkys" taught me that. :P

Edited by Patcon

• 2 months later...

I know this thread has been idle for a little while.

IF the lights went wonky, that's a sure sign of a bad or loose ground. At least you now know that. Based on that info, its likely that has been the problem with the pump. Hope you got it worked out.