headed into paint. sugar scoops on or off? - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

headed into paint. sugar scoops on or off?

Featured Replies

On 2018-04-21 at 11:23 AM, Captain Obvious said:

If I ever get my car painted, I'm going to weld the sugar scoops to the fenders to make them one piece. I've seen a couple people do that and I really like it.

:) That is how it was designed. The part was too complex to build as one piece.

clay.jpg

 

Yeah, that's what I figured. I was guessing that they just couldn't expect the metal to stretch enough to make them in one shot, and the tooling would have been too complicated anyway, so they split up the assembly into multiple parts.

Early cars were plastic anyway, I think it must have taken a couple years to figure it out in steel.

56 minutes ago, '71 zcar said:

Early cars were plastic anyway, I think it must have taken a couple years to figure it out in steel.

I have set of the fiberglass headlamp buckets

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.