IGNORED

New from Vero Beach, Florida

Ken, I have a 72 240Z that was restored in 2000 & a 10/69 rhd Fairlady Z-L 5 speed. Planned to be in Port Charlotte by 2010, things just didn't work out. Welcome to the group, a lot of knowledge and help from this group, and occasionally you'll get a good laugh.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:29 AM, ken baskinger said:

What type are your Z's ?

2010 Black Rose Sport Coupe, heavily modified (thread online in my signature for both cars)

1976 (9/75 production) 280Z resto-mod in progress

On 4/2/2018 at 5:35 AM, ken baskinger said:

Nice  370 Z . What color are you going to paint the 280Z? 

The 280Z will be close to the original green colour code 240, but is a water based metallic green 2335. It is the front colour on the test panel below.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:53 AM, ken baskinger said:

Have you ever had a ceramic coating done on your Z ? I was wondering what other z owners thought about getting it done.

The only ceramic coating I have done is to the exhaust tips of my 370, which is a ceramic powder coat. I am very happy with the results of the water paint on the 280. If you use a ceramic based paint on the car, the chance of ever doing a paint repair are non-existent...

IMG_5188.thumb.JPG.8475af6df7ec2073a5d5ac5b09ab4ff9.jpg

8 hours ago, wheee! said:

2010 Black Rose Sport Coupe, heavily modified (thread online in my signature for both cars)

1976 (9/75 production) 280Z resto-mod in progress

The 280Z will be close to the original green colour code 240, but is a water based metallic green 2335. It is the front colour on the test panel below.

The only ceramic coating I have done is to the exhaust tips of my 370, which is a ceramic powder coat. I am very happy with the results of the water paint on the 280. If you use a ceramic based paint on the car, the chance of ever doing a paint repair are non-existent...

IMG_5188.thumb.JPG.8475af6df7ec2073a5d5ac5b09ab4ff9.jpg

That color is going to look great.

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Fred, How did you get to be stuck in Ohio and separated from your Z's? That doesn't sound like a good plan.