IGNORED

240zrubberparts project car

nix240z

23 hours ago, nix240z said:

I have been working on the seat. 

Replated the hardware, sandblasted frame, painted with 2k ceramic black, new webbing and new stainless steel carriage bolts.

I have new foam and new seat covers.

I have about 10 hrs in just this seat. 

seat3.jpg

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

Hi Steve , I am amazed all of your fantastic work. Can I buy the seat bottom webbing from somewhere? Yours is just like the original, cream white rubber strips associated with olive green cloth pieces.

Just wonderful!

Kats

1 hour ago, kats said:

Hi Steve , I am amazed all of your fantastic work. Can I buy the seat bottom webbing from somewhere? Yours is just like the original, cream white rubber strips associated with olive green cloth pieces.

Just wonderful!

Kats

Kats it is called Pirelli Rubber Upholstery Webbing 2"..... and yes it is just like the original

• Like 1

I'm curious who's hard brake lines did you use?  Did you buy new or did you replate your old ones?

Also, same question for your door seals?  Did you go with aftermarket or did you have NOS set aside?  If you went with aftermarket, do you need to slam your doors? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87mj said:

I'm curious who's hard brake lines did you use?  Did you buy new or did you replate your old ones?

Also, same question for your door seals?  Did you go with aftermarket or did you have NOS set aside?  If you went with aftermarket, do you need to slam your doors? 

original hardlines and I used vintage rubber door seals, I did purchase these about 4 years ago so not sure if still the same.. I do not have to slam the doors . 

On 3/8/2018 at 10:54 PM, nix240z said:

Rebuilt and replated the original 70-71 Tokico 7/8" master cylinder. 

car12.jpg

A rebuild kit (pistons, seals, etc) for the early brake m/c seems to be NLA.  Where did you find yours?   Or did you just re-use your original internals?

2 hours ago, Namerow said:

A rebuild kit (pistons, seals, etc) for the early brake m/c seems to be NLA.  Where did you find yours?   Or did you just re-use your original internals?

It was a total rebuild kit I picked up from Ebay at some point....

• 10 months later...