IGNORED

Accelerator Torsion Shaft

esmit208

I am on the verge of installing a set of SK/OER triples, however I am not positive the ACCELERATOR TORSION SHAFT that was used with the SU's will be the correct length to interface with the SK's. Can someone using this type of carburettor chime in on this and point me in the right direction. I considered converting to a cable assembly, which could still happen down the road, but for now I would prefer to begin with the linkage. Any help would be appreciated, THANX!

On 1/18/2018 at 6:39 PM, grannyknot said:

I remember having to cut and re weld the linkage torsion shaft so I could use the rest of the stock linkage when I had triple SK's, it worked okay but was still kind of clunky. Eventually I went with a Lokar cable set up and that worked very smoothly.

DSCN6391.jpg

Thank Gknot. The cable idea seems fine my only concern is stretch over time. Will get back to you for advice the closer I get to installation.

Ok I was just confused cause I thought you also had the sk/oer manifold and they are made to hook up to the stock one.

This might seem like a dumb question (forgive me if it is) but wouldn’t you have more room for your torsion shaft if you moved your throttle linkage to the other side of your carbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Well they are not on the engine yet but thanks. The only DUMB question is the one that you don't ask. Thanx for the clue about the factory rod interfacing. I was worried I might have to use my fabrication skills which aren't bad but I want it to look clean and be without quirks. Questions and concerns are a part of what this forum is about.