Loose wire - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Loose wire

Featured Replies

So good news I got my motor in but I guess I did not get all connectors as tight as possible. The two wire connector that is located by the alternator came loose. I did not take pics when I re wired, just did one connection at a time. So now I am left wondering which wire goes where :/

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There appears to be a white with black stripe. Does this go in the horizontal position or the vertical position?

IMG_4716.JPGIMG_4717.JPG

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I can't remember which year car you have.  But the wiring diagram in the FSM actually shows the top of the T and the post, with wire colors, if you find the right diagram.  Start with Engine Electrical.

 

From the 72 FSM BE section.

Alternator Connector.jpg

Looks like the sense wire for the alternator? It’s on that combination of wires, the positive and ground are in the background.

You might wanna get a good crimp tool, if you need new connectors checkout vintage connections

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.