IGNORED

Shifter Knob

ZwolleY

I am refinnishing my original wood shifter knob and am looking for the plastic insert with the shift pattern for 4 Speed. Tried MSA and Courtesy Nissan with no luck. There are plenty of the wood knobs out there to buy. This part may be next to impossible to find. Any leads appreciated.

i remember my dad's 240 had a wood knob with the 4-speed pattern. i also have not found it in MSA or VB. When my dad and i bought our current 240, i thought that this piece would be easy to find. apparently not. :(

Thanks for any help!

-Ty

tttz Here is your link:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=C2865-S3001

MSA has one listed in their online store catalog: polished walnut with the four speed pattern for $13.00 but there is no picture. Probably is not the same quality as the one from Courtesyparts which is $50.00.

Thanks Zwolley! that is just what i was looking for.

so now that i can buy one, my next question is, how easy (or difficult) is it to install? i've never tried to take the existing one off, so i don't know if it just screws off, or what. my apologies if this is a stupid question.

Zwolley,

good luck finding a plastic insert. i didn't mean to steal the thunder from your original post. So, back to you...

Does anyone have any ideas for finding the 4-speed insert Zwolley needs?

Originally posted by tttz

so now that i can buy one, my next question is, how easy (or difficult) is it to install? i've never tried to take the existing one off, so i don't know if it just screws off, or what. my apologies if this is a stupid question.

Un-screw, Screw on new one. No Trick to it. Simple Simon! :)

• 4 months later...

Got an idea....

Take your shifter knob to one of those laser engraving places and see if they can engrave it in there for you. I don't know what it w3ould cost, but you could call them and ask.

Another idea would be to get a brass/gold coin (plain) and have the pattern engraved or printed on there. Overcoat the printing so it doesn't rub off.

Remember oto tell us how it turn out!

Got an idea....

Take your shifter knob to one of those laser engraving places and see if they can engrave it in there for you. I don't know what it would cost, but you could call them and ask.

Another idea would be to get a brass/gold coin (plain) and have the pattern engraved or printed on there. Overcoat the printing so it doesn't rub off.

Remember oto tell us how it turn out!