IGNORED

Any advice on bleeding the clutch

footballnick17

I've done dozens of clutch master and slave replacements and only once did I have one that just wouldn't bleed.  I tried every method with no success until finally I had a helper tap the master with a screwdriver in rapid fashion while I used a vacuum bleeder on the slave.  Sure enough, the air bubble worked its way out of the master and all was good again.

Edited by Jeff G 78
  • Like 1

This piece was really cool

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MVA6832-Clamp-On-Auto-Refill-Kit/dp/B000K1KPK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511494945&sr=8-1&keywords=mva6832

Take off the reservoir cap, drop this in and  adjust the tube to the reservoir full indicator line and open the valve. This keeps the reservoir full while you bleed the line down at the brake or clutch slave cylinder using your vacuum of choice. No problem bleeding both rear or front brakes without having to stop to check and make sure the reservoir has plenty of fluid to keep going.