IGNORED

1997 280z rev fluctuating between 2000-3000 rpms

evanlowe98

Edit - this post is blunt, but true I think.  No offense.  You really do need to learn the details.
You're in way over your head.  You made it work, boost happens and it probably goes faster, but fine tuning requires detailed understanding.  How about your boost controller?  Maybe it's on the fritz.
Without all of the details of your "turbo" system people can just throw out ideas.  But you're not really processing the help you're getting.  You just repeated my words back to me on my smog question, but didn't add any details.  "FSM smog"?  You're going to have to study up on how turbo engine management works, and keep cobbling away on your NA system.  We'll throw ideas at you as you give more details though.
Nothing good happens after 2 am. 

okay look there is no tuning cuz i don’t care ab the engine blowing up. but there was no reason for the revs to fluctuate. i don’t understand why they are that’s what i’m asking help on. it did it to me when i was NA before but someone touched something and it stopped. not sure what. no boost controller. i’m not going for a good build i’m trying to blow it up. but i guess it doesn’t really matter i’m not getting any help from anyone on anything. the turbo system has nothing to do with it because it did it to me NA as well that’s why it was not mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I think you are going to have a real challenge getting it properly tuned using the factory EFI. You need more resolution in your maps and the shape of the maps will be different than what the stock system can provide. I use the term "Maps" loosely as I don't know that the stock ECU even really uses a map
BTW your numbers are really rich...

yea i know i have numbers really rich to keep from leaning out on a stock ECU other wise it would.

I was gonna respond with a saying about getting separated from your money, but thought better of that. This forum hates to see good parts and motors go to waste. Not likely to get a lot of support or feedback to help you destroy a good engine. Take care...

I was gonna respond with a saying about getting separated from your money, but thought better of that. This forum hates to see good parts and motors go to waste. Not likely to get a lot of support or feedback to help you destroy a good engine. Take care...

obviously not good parts if it isn’t running right. and this site obviously doesn’t help at all when asking about what could be a problem. that’s why i didn’t say anything about it being boosted in the beginning but thanks for all the (none) help