IGNORED

72 240z radio wiring

Rio24

Resurrecting this thread. The blue wire that is cut actually should go to the 3 pin connector blue wire with the fuse holder in between.

Does anybody know where the red wire with dark blue stripe (dial illumination wire) gets plugged into on the dash wiring harness? I assume I need to look for the matching red wire with a dark blue stripe, but I don't see one. The PO put in an aftermarket radio and wires are cut and spliced all over the place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunline said:

Does anybody know where the red wire with dark blue stripe (dial illumination wire) gets plugged into on the dash wiring harness? I assume I need to look for the matching red wire with a dark blue stripe, but I don't see one. The PO put in an aftermarket radio and wires are cut and spliced all over the place.

I thought there was a single wire coming out of the harness towards where the back of the radio would sit.  Find the wire that has not voltage to it with the lights off.  When they turn on it should be powered, IIRC.  It's fairly short I think.  I found mine because one night I was driving and sparks where shooting out of it as It was grounding against the chassis!  (No radio, race plate or heater controls installed.)