IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

I tore a seal on the shaft of the fuel pump. The one that keeps gas from going in the head in case of an rip and keeps oil from the engine bay out of the fuel pump. 

Someone said the GMB 550-8040 was exactly the same inside. That isn’t true but it’s close. Their seal is actually a better design and works and should function perfectly. So now 3 fuel pumps to make one nikki pump. Still I’m below 100$ total into the project. She looks amazing. 

AA80BBF5-E710-496A-AE0E-B3A26D6BE877.jpeg

8D946366-0CFA-4509-9442-50D62F99D62E.jpeg

9814CDEE-FC64-46AF-B4CC-8DFA190E9076.jpeg

CBD5495D-B89A-44FB-9354-EF26062E9ACF.jpeg

Edited by duffymahoney
  • Like 3

Beautiful build. You're doing an awesome job. Thanks for chronicling and sharing it.

If you don't mind I have a couple of questions.

* Where did you get your parts zinc coated? I live in the Seattle area and am curious.
* Do you have your own vapor blaster? If so which model and where did you get it?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bluedar said:

Beautiful build. You're doing an awesome job. Thanks for chronicling and sharing it.

If you don't mind I have a couple of questions.

* Where did you get your parts zinc coated? I live in the Seattle area and am curious.
* Do you have your own vapor blaster? If so which model and where did you get it?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Thank you! I’m having a lot of fun. 

I have used several zinc shops over the years. I would suggest a local shop since shipping gets expensive. I use a shop in Spokane wa or Portland Oregon most of the time. 

I built my own vapor blasting rig. I did a detailed thread on here about it. 

• Like 1

Awesome job chronicaling your build.  I am hopefully about to start a similiar project except the car is Blue.  I really wanted Safari Gold but just couldn’t find the right one.  I have done one other car much in the way you did this one, a 77 280z.  Looking forward to starting the 240.  Great job!

On 6/23/2018 at 2:06 AM, Jaymanbikes said:

Awesome job chronicaling your build.  I am hopefully about to start a similiar project except the car is Blue.  I really wanted Safari Gold but just couldn’t find the right one.  I have done one other car much in the way you did this one, a 77 280z.  Looking forward to starting the 240.  Great job!

Thank you.  The seal from the GMB 550-8040 tore.  So I had to buy another Nos lizzy from another datsun.  Oh well.  

I meant the lizzy part.  I looked back and found your other reference to "3 pumps to make one lizzy".  Haven't seen the word lizzy used for anything before.  Don't know what a lizzy is.  Maybe I'm just blanking on it.

No biggy.  Carry on.  

I meant nikki:)  The stock fuel pump.  

2 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I meant the lizzy part.  I looked back and found your other reference to "3 pumps to make one lizzy".  Haven't seen the word lizzy used for anything before.  Don't know what a lizzy is.  Maybe I'm just blanking on it.

No biggy.  Carry on.  

Edited by duffymahoney
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been driving it every chance I get.  I enjoy it so much.  Ac blows cold enough, but the fan is so loud I mostly prefer driving with the windows down.  Last week I pressed the clutch in, and boom, warm clutch fluid squirted onto my leg.  Then the clutch wouldn't do much.  I luckily was close to home and a few pumps I could get it in first.  So now it's time to change the clutch master.  Which is a first for me.  Luckily LynchBurg Nissan had a Nos one.  They still make this part but it looks a little different.  

IMG_3300.jpg