IGNORED

Pads and Booster

ramsesosirus

The Wagner shims arrived today.  Here's some pictures.  Looks like they might have less contact than the MSA/Nissan shims but might still work

I'm going to guess that the partial coverage puts a cocking load on the piston, maybe causing a little bit of binding that damps the vibration..

Wahner shims 1.PNG

Wagner shims 2.PNG

MSA shim.PNG

Yeah, a little creative license there. I was guessing from the on-line pics that the shims went all the way to the bottom of the pads. Give 'em a try! Might be enough coverage!

Can you tell (from memory?) if they are thicker than the originals? They look thicker in the pics although it might just be a burr from the cutting process. Or the paint?

I was going to mention the thickness.  They definitely feel thicker.  Could be a problem since I think that new pads take up almost all of the space.  I took the pictures on top of a set of pads that had shims already stuck.  So, if a person had those they might have to remove the pre-stuck shims.

BUT, as you can see, the pre-stuck shims also have holes.  So you could remove the pre-stuck shims and cut them to look like the MSA shims, and them use them as free-hanging shims.

If I didn't have my old beat up Nissan shims that's what I'd try.  Actually disappointed that I didn't think of it back when I was messing with squeal.

The amber lines show what the shim I got looks like, for reference.  Symmetrical, no tabs, the center rounded portion should be a half circle, but far smaller than the piston lip.

I still plan to try to make stuff on those machines.  

shim.PNG

Update: Here is the set I ordered on ebay, Beck-Arney PN 084-2008, they look exactly like the ones ZedHead got (Wagner).  4 per box, mine were about $7.

The box is really old looking in both design and age.  They're pretty lightweight, maybe aluminum?  Not very thick.  Feels like I could probably bend it up pretty easily.  

DSC06363.JPG

Edited by ramsesosirus