IGNORED

To buy or not to buy...that is the question

motorman7

More tear down pics.  Got the trans and fuel tank out.  Fuel tank looks almost brand new.  I wonder if that was replaced.  This has really been easy to tear down...not a single broken rusted bolt (I probably just jinxed it with that statement)

DSCF6352.JPG

DSCF6354.JPG

DSCF6356.JPG

DSCF6357.JPG

DSCF6358.JPG

DSCF6360.JPG

DSCF6362.JPG

I finished the 'tear down' and will now start sanding the entire car using 80 grit sand paper.  I will pretty much sand off all of the paint down to the metal over the entire car.  After that it will be off to Miguel's for  body work and paint.  Tear down went very well and did not break a single bolt.  Everything looks to be in pretty good condition, so I am very happy with the hardware.  It looks like the car was hit near the drivers side door, so I will be curious to see what that looks like as I start sanding.   Will probably be sanding off and on over the next two to three weeks, then we will ship her out.  Attached are some pics.  Also added a pic of the back yard shed I built.....to store my boxes of car parts of course.  And yes, the shed even has a sky light, insulation and drywall per my wife's direction.  I guess she wants me to be comfortable if the need ever arises that I need to sleep in there ?.

DSCF6363.JPG

DSCF6365.JPG

DSCF6366.JPG

DSCF6368.JPG

DSCF6369.JPG

DSCF6371.JPG

DSCF6375.JPG

DSCF6379.JPG

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

By the way, that's a nice looking little shed!

Thanks! The styling matches the front of the house.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I am guessing my wife may want several more.  Since I am using up all the garage space, she wants storage space.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think I am done sanding.  I was planning on taking this down further, but I think Miguel with his equipment and liquids can do in 2 hours what will take me 20 hours by hand sanding.  So, I will send this off to the body/ paint shop and start work on the engine.  Here are a few final shots of the car before Miguel gets it.  My hauler will be here tomorrow at noon for pick-up.  Once it is at Miguel's, I will take off the front and rear suspension and we will put this on rollers.  That way I can clean the suspension up while this is in the shop.

DSCF6386.JPG

DSCF6387.JPG

DSCF6388.JPG

DSCF6389.JPG

DSCF6390.JPG

DSCF6393.JPG

DSCF6394.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...