IGNORED

Series I antenna

7tooZ

Mike I think you could be right. My experience is to the 70 - 71 years. I use the series I & II terminology so others know the general time period of the build date. Many of us accept that parts change from one car to the next. Keeps me always curious.

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Ps I envy your collection

22 hours ago, 7tooZ said:

I have a box of parts whAt part do you need.

I need 2 OEM Harada antenna motors (ideally with masts) to suit my 1970 and 1972 240z's. But right now don't have the cash handy to buy them. At least not until next pay day.

21 hours ago, Mike B said:

My 5/72 production car, has 40,000 miles and the original pointed tip antenna,  It is the exact same antenna as far as I  can tell as my four 1969 production cars and my 1970 Z-L.  I don't think there are any differences in original antennas up through 1973 at least.

Thanks Mike, that's good news actually since I like the 'arrow' tip heads on the antennas and would love to install 1 on my 72 240z.

Beautiful car Mike!

I have a question, the difference of the length of the mast, and mounting.

Pleaee see 12/1971 orange 240Zand 06/1972 maroon 240ZG, 240ZG has a long mast. It is possible that this ZG have had the aerial replaced at some point, but it looks like pretty original.

And mounting point of the floor, there are two holes for the retaining screws, and what it makes me wonder is, these holes for the long mast are already existed from the early days. 

My orange 12/1971 has exactly same mast and mounting like my 01/1970 & 03/1970 cars. 

What do you think of this?

Kats

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1458.PNG

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

Hi Kats, that's interesting.  I think I only had the plastic interior panels off my 1972 once, since they are so hard to get on and off without breaking, so I don't recall.  I thought all the 70 - 73 antennas mounted like your orange 12/71, with a non-removable bolt on the side of the hatch floor and they have a small wingnut on the other side.  Maybe someone else with a 1972 or 1973 could confirm.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, we need to gather a lot more examples.

If 1969/1970 cars have two holes for the screws on the floor, it could be an evidence that engineers had to design for both type ,short and long mast type.

Maybe be cause of the different suppliers? 

If 1969/1970 cars do not have those holes, the change might happen around 12/1971 , my orange 240Z could be a betweenness, an early aerial with  a later mounting floor.

About a seat belt warning system, my 12/1971 orange car did not come with that, but it's floor came with a mounting pocket for the retractable / electric michro switch seat belt system. (I did DIY for the system installing for having fun though)

Kats

Edited by kats