IGNORED

#187 on BAT

gwri8

Hello drpchuyny - - Great to see that amazing 69 production year 240Z -  went to someone that greatly appreciates it. Good to see you here as well.  It is perhaps the most complete and original 69 production Z's I've seen in many years. Most not already restored, have been very badly neglected and missing many many original parts. I think you are way ahead of the game on this one. Please do keep us updated on the progress..

FWIW,
Carl B.

Phuong,

Congratulations again! I have dreams of one day owning an early '69 car or a Vintage Z. Since that will probably never happen, I decided to embrace the fact I do own a Z and it's a very early Series II. So far it's the 5th earliest Series II still known to exist, so I'm always on the lookout for Series II produced before mine (21244). I look forward to seeing the progress on your new car and so glad it found you!

Robert S.

Hello drpchuyny - - Great to see that amazing 69 production year 240Z -  went to someone that greatly appreciates it. Good to see you here as well.  It is perhaps the most complete and original 69 production Z's I've seen in many years. Most not already restored, have been very badly neglected and missing many many original parts. I think you are way ahead of the game on this one. Please do keep us updated on the progress..
FWIW, Carl B.

Good morning Carl and a Happy Mother's Day to all. Don't forget those flowers guys! Thank you for the warm welcome, and your contribution to the community. I read your comments with the greatest of interest and admiration. You are a compass that provide us with the "true north" in information that allows us to have meaningful conversation. So thank you for that Compass Carl! [emoji1]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Z Car Club mobile app

4 minutes ago, drpchuynh said:

You are a compass that provide us with the "true north" in information that allows us to have meaningful conversation. So thank you for that Compass Carl!

Tee hee...

cQlXJF.jpg

Phuong,

Congratulations again! I have dreams of one day owning an early '69 car or a Vintage Z. Since that will probably never happen, I decided to embrace the fact I do own a Z and it's a very early Series II. So far it's the 5th earliest Series II still known to exist, so I'm always on the lookout for Series II produced before mine (21244). I look forward to seeing the progress on your new car and so glad it found you!

Robert S.

Good morning Robert! Thank you for the warm welcome. Don't give up on your dream of owning an early Z. They are out there. The journey is often more meaningful than the destination. I've been endlessly scouring the web and car shows for years in hope that an opportunity presents itself, and it finally did. During that time, I've "settled" on five 240z, each with their own little quirks and appeal. I don't think I would appreciate owning #187 as much had my goal been meet early on.

The fact that you want to be stewardship to one of these cars speaks volumes of your appreciation and love for this hobby of ours. I want to preserve and enjoy these cars. I hope to maintain them well enough for the next owner who will rinse and repeat the process. So keep the dream alive!

Warm regards,
Phuong

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Z Car Club mobile app

Congrats on winning the car Phuong.  I made a cursory initial bid, but then decided I should just focus on the couple of project 1969 production cars I already have.  One is a 901 silver similar to yours (#238), so I decided I didn't really need another early silver car.  I'm planning on getting that car acid dipped this summer and then starting body work on it this fall or next year.  You are right, they are still out there to be found.  I found three local to me an one in NJ via Hemmings.  The key is finding one as complete as you can.  Yours is missing a few things but has many of the unique early items.  A few reproduction items are available now and some are easier to source than others.  I'll be eagerly awaiting your posts after you get the car.  I should start a thread of my own regarding the last 1969 car I found a couple of years ago (#480).  In spite of the higher vin # I think it was one of the first 20 cars to arrive in the US in LA in Jan 1970.  It would have been on the same boat as the #492 car that BRE received and built into their first 240Z race car.

• Like 2

Congrats on winning the car Phuong.  I made a cursory initial bid, but then decided I should just focus on the couple of project 1969 production cars I already have.  One is a 901 silver similar to yours (#238), so I decided I didn't really need another early silver car.  I'm planning on getting that car acid dipped this summer and then starting body work on it this fall or next year.  You are right, they are still out there to be found.  I found three local to me an one in NJ via Hemmings.  The key is finding one as complete as you can.  Yours is missing a few things but has many of the unique early items.  A few reproduction items are available now and some are easier to source than others.  I'll be eagerly awaiting your posts after you get the car.  I should start a thread of my own regarding the last 1969 car I found a couple of years ago (#480).  In spite of the higher vin # I think it was one of the first 20 cars to arrive in the US in LA in Jan 1970.  It would have been on the same boat as the #492 car that BRE received and built into their first 240Z race car.

Thank you Mike! Funds cleared today with the seller so I will get started on getting bids for the transport. Once in my possession, I'll go through it and document what I find and share it with you all.

Let me know if you created a build blog on #238. I would be interested in following your restoration. And definitely create one for #480. She sounds like she has a bit of a story to tell. In another alternate universe, she would have been chosen to be the BRE race car!

Regards,
Phuong

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

On Tuesday, May 02, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Zedyone_kenobi said:

You cannot put an email on BaT I have tried.  They delete it very quickly.  You can contact the seller.  I tend to comment heavily on BaT on all Z and roadster stuff. I am SCRAPPYDO on their.  I think that Z while old and unique will only reach high dollars if you get at least two preservationists bidding on it.  To almost anybody else, this is a rotted car.  It can be saved, but you would have to want to spend that kind of money. I mentioned it on Bat. You are only bidding on a VIN Tag.

I think if you get the right bidders in their you can hit 30k.  But if you are relying on just an average guy / gal who wants a Z car, this is not even close to the right car to buy.  However news of early VIN cars get out quickly and if the right people find it... well this is certainly a very original car, albeit very rusty and very dented to hell car. 

AGREED ZED!

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 6:10 PM, drpchuynh said:

Hello everyone. New owner of the #187 here. I don't have to tell you that I haven't received the car, but when I do, I'll go through it and document in detail with pictures so I can pick your collective brains on the best approach to refreshing/restoring this gal.

I am a collector, so #187 will be with me for a long time to come. I am not new to owning s30. She will join her 5 siblings: 2 - 1970 Series 1, 1971, and 2-1972. She is a true survivor with some battle scars. However, I've seen worse, much worse. 

I will watch with great interest. Good Luck

On May 14, 2017 at 0:43 PM, Mike B said:

Congrats on winning the car Phuong.  I made a cursory initial bid, but then decided I should just focus on the couple of project 1969 production cars I already have.  One is a 901 silver similar to yours (#238), so I decided I didn't really need another early silver car. ...snipped..cjb

Hi Mike:

I thought you had #237, #238 was in a Collection in GA.

FWIW,

Carl

15 minutes ago, Carl Beck said:

Hi Mike:

I thought you had #237, #238 was in a Collection in GA.

FWIW,

Carl

You're right Carl.  It was a typo, I meant #237.  Does the same collector in GA that bought #238 from WA own it again?  I thought that car was sold a few times after he liquidated most (if not all) of his Z cars several years ago.