IGNORED

Nothing coming from ignition coil

The_Wondrous

If you're sure that you're measuring resistance through the pickup coil itself then that $30 Autozone coil is the way to go.  They don't fail often but they do fail.

Didn't even know that you could get those at Autozone.  http://www.autozone.com/ignition-tune-up-and-routine-maintenance/pick-up-coil/duralast-pick-up-coil/80242_0_0

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

It looks like the pick up has failed or you have another break in the wiring to the pick up. They don't cost much and you have already repaired a faulty soldering job on the wiring to this one. I would replace it with the Autozone unit.

Edited by EuroDat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: She lives again! One of the Classic Z guys came by with a spare distributor, we hooked it up and she started right up and drove just like it did years ago. Probably was the pickup coil but the distributor I had was on it's way out anyway so it's good it got replaced.

Thank yall again for helping me decipher my car and engine and contacting Mr. Wolf to help me out. :) Might have been able to do it without, but yall saved me a lot of headache and frustration. :) Hopefully this thread might help someone else identify their problems. Take care yall and thanks again! 

• Like 1