IGNORED

260Z stock-ish

GGRIII

I cleaned up a spare set of rear signal bezels and ordered up some chrome body wrap.  Time will tell but I'm hoping I can do a reasonable job with that instead of paint or paying some astronomical price to get them chromed...  I know that CO's 280 has them painted silver, which as he will fully admit looks pretty horrible.  I'm hoping to have an update this weekend...

• Like 1

Today I put the seats back together.

seat.jpg

I think they look ok :)  I covered them a long time ago.  I used the original foam and just added a little extra to it.  

seat bottom.jpg

The bottom had some funkyness, I used a very heavy Nylon screen between the springs and the foam to replace whatever was there before.

I still need to add a few more rings between the springs, doing that makes the seat firmer.  I am an avid cyclist and I have a zillion used SS spokes that I can bend up for the job...

• 3 weeks later...

Not much done in the past few weeks, I did rebuild the wiper assembly.  I was surprised by a few things.  For one thing, the grease and gears inside looked fine!  I expected a worn sticky mess in need of cleaning.  Another thing was the Vinyl bag that covers everything did not turn to dust when I touched it, heck a little Armour All and it looks spiffy!  I have seen a few threads about the Honda motor.  Time will tell but it seems cleaning and lubing the arm spindles may be all that is required,  one of mine was dang near seized,  It had caused the little bushing thingy to come loose.  A little cleaning and a couple of whacks with a nail set on the rivets and its all back to the way it should be.  The spring that is used for the 'parked' position was still there and in good shape but the nub that sticks out into the groove on the motor arm was broken off.  I just (carefully) bent what was left into place and it seems to work just fine.  Anybody else do the same or do people just live with not having the park feature?  CO just uses rainX!

I imagine I will start working on stuff again after St. Pats.  Right now I am in training :)