IGNORED

240z restomod

RS02

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my car running!A LOT of problems though. Here's what I need to address:

1. The MSD ignition box fried itself. Now only the megnetic and hall effect input works... Do not buy old msd from Ebay... 

2. Slight water leak from water pump;

3. Oil is slipping through the gap where the front cover and cylinder head meet, on the passenger side;

4. Need to route a battery power to rear of the car in order to get the antanna working, this can be delayed but it's easier to do with the breather tank off;

5. The 17mm breather hose kept kinking, need a coil inside to support it;

6. fuel tank need to go in, flush the fuel lines, wire the pump and float.

that pump looks kind of low.

I checked the ground clearance and found out that it's a hair higher than my exhaust. Don't know what they're thinking when they're designing this pump. The instructions said to keep the pump below fuel tank level, and I did my best...

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

1 hour ago, ksechler said:

Agreed.  I don't know if I'd feel too good about that.  The disaster potential is pretty high.  

Alright. I will relocate it. If the pump were to be touched the exhaust would go first. I guess I'll play safe. It should pickup fuel just fine.

1 hour ago, RS02 said:

Alright. I will relocate it. If the pump were to be touched the exhaust would go first. I guess I'll play safe. It should pickup fuel just fine.

I think you'll be safer for it in the long run.  My concern wasn't about whether or not the exhaust went first or not at all.  The problem is if that fuel pump hits something like bottoming out over a speed bump, it will rip a hole in your tank which could very easily cause a fire and burn you up.  I wouldn't attach it to the tank at all.  

Edited by ksechler