IGNORED

Too Good to Be True? – 125 Amp Bolt in Alternator @ Datsun Store

Matthew Abate

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, im using it. What would you like to know?

Just looking for some insight. I am running the common zx 60amp alternator upgrade which we all know is not known for producing low idle amps. I have added accessories such as electric fan, electronic ignition,etc and at idle my volts drop down to around 12volts and my charge light comes on suggesting low charge from alternator. Causing problems as a result. Car will almost stall. When revving motor or driving therfore at higher rpm the light goes out and volt meter shows the needed 14 volts? My optima battery is new and in good working condition. Connections are clean of any oxidation etc. New larger gauge battery cables,etc.
My thinking was I need an alternator that produces more low rpm/idle volts. So this alternator sounds like it does just that.
Not sure what set up your running but does this alternator provide the low rpm amps as claimed,etc. Any insight or advice appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

It does already load at 700 rpms. mine idles at 700 and with all accessories on (Stereo, Heating blower full speed, Electronic ign and pump) switch the lights on and of gives a little hickup but thats all.

What you  loose with this alternator is the charge light.

• 1 year later...