IGNORED

L24 Battles Six S20's. Guess who wins?

5 hours ago, HS30-H said:

You're welcome.

Beg pardon - thanks.

I've seen the breather on the RH side now ! Why are they handed please ? LH side facing forwards, RH side facing rearwards ?

External hinges ? Err....hardly aerodynamic - why, even polyester would use 'stock' internal ones ?

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

The 'orange' one you posted up showing the Z432 hatch strut and 'drilled for lightness'.

Terashima san's car. It's a 432-R. Hence the tailgate prop instead of a gas strut.

It has one vent exiting on the top side of the RH rear quarter, and one vent exiting on the LH side of the rear panel. Both face to the rear of the car.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:33 PM, HS30-H said:

Terashima san's car. It's a 432-R

It has one vent exiting on the top side of the RH rear quarter, and one vent exiting on the LH side of the rear panel. Both face to the rear of the car.

Thanks - and on the no.68 car there is one only, on the left, rear quarter facing forwards.Was one method better than the other, a later evolution of both just testing please ? I can't see a works car having DIY-ed it trackside so some factory thought must have gone into both systems.

10 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

...so some factory thought must have gone into both systems.

The '#68' car was a factory race car, and the photos we are looking at are PERIOD photos from January 1970.

Terashima san's car was a privateer race car, it went through several owners, was race-prepped and modified over many seasons (eventually ending up with a Grande Nose and N3020 overfenders) and the photos were are looking at now are RECENT. When Terashima san first got it, and when I first saw it, it had been fitted with a big alloy tank containing a JAF-sanctioned bladder conforming to regulations of its later racing years. Nothing like it had when it was first built and raced.  

Just because we can observe something on Terashima san's car today - and the hole-drilled dieting is a good example - it doesn't mean that it was originally like that, or that it had anything to do with Works team practices.

External fuel tank venting was mandatory. Factors to be taken into account were fuel-slosh in cornering and venting away from heat sources. Obviously you don't want fuel vapour inside the cabin of the car either. Roll-over situations also.  

• Like 1

O thanks. There you have us at a disadvantage knowing which photos are then and now and knowing what was original (factory) and what has been added/changed since. To know that for any specific car is to be respected - they are after all 50yrs old ! Cheers.

You must have seen this....:

18 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

You must have seen this....:

So far I've only managed to get to the 6min mark, and it's already garbage. Typical mash-up of inaccuracies and viewed-from-the-USA prism of Japanese automotive history.

Does it get any better after 6mins?

23 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

So far I've only managed to get to the 6min mark, and it's already garbage. Typical mash-up of inaccuracies and viewed-from-the-USA prism of Japanese automotive history. Does it get any better after 6mins?

That's funny - I had to stop just at about the same point. Following his reply, I persevered last night (with a large rum and ice) and filled an A4 sheet as a basis of my next comments. You'd cringe when he mentions on two seperate occasions that swapping the engine would be best for more power despite mentioning L28ETs....!