IGNORED

Z-story exhaust on a stock 240

7tooZ

• 1 month later...

Sean,

What is the functional difference between your race-sport and street-sport headers? would the race-sport headers be too much for a relatively stock L24 with 40DCOE's (eventually i will likely get the head ported and probably a cam but not for some time).

I like the idea and look of the equal length headers such as your race-sport model

Kent

There is a bandied-about myth that the ONLY header to have, the 'ultimate' is an equal-length version. This emanated (imho) from flat-out racing designs as these headers are designed/tuned to give the maximum hp possible at a very narrow and therefore specific engine rev range.

None of us in our Zs run all the time at high revs and neither do we run at the same revs - what all of us need is to maximise low-down torque that we use for every gear-shift and the Race-Sport is better for that. But the milder (or even stock) the engine, the smaller the difference between the Street-Sport and Race-Sport....so little that it's not 'worth' paying the extra but the more you prepare your engine, the more relevant to fit the Race-Sport header because you'll better exploit that engine or, said another way - return the investment.

Effectively the Race and Street-Sport will follow your current set-up....the 'wilder' you go, the more adapted will be the Race-Sport.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2017 at 1:04 PM, Sean Dezart said:

You take better photos than I do :D !

I'll try and load some video clips sent in by customers....there are more on Facebook that I can't seem to pull off.

video-1470596889.mp4

video-z1.mp4

video-1475260341.mp4

Today was the day I got around to install the Z-story exhaust'. Looks good so far. Haven't started the engine yet as the system is temporarily fitted and I still have to install the updated R200 drive shaft. Goal is to finish tonight and run on the dyno tomorrow. More photos to come.

The End.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...