IGNORED

1977 OE hitachi radio MOUNTS

Dave WM

if you are really skilled with 8 tracks you would develop the sharp tug and get it to suck back into the case after one was eaten and pulled out an extra foot from the case. Just smooth out the wrinkles and a sharp tug, watch is spool back in. Ah those were the days of try high fidelity.

I am almost there, looking to Blue for a faceplate, and a local to me member for the switch. I just installed the mounts, and the metal face plate that backs up the plastic. I made up a harness adapter that takes the 6 pin 75 plug and adapts to the larger plugs used on the 2501-B. Will be a simple matter to hook up.

Dave, we got it wrong!  Even though it says "C9" ,the designation for a capacitor, on the board and does NOT have the symbol for diode like all the other diodes that are identical, there is a diode in this spot!

Alan snapped a picture of his hitachi and its shows one of those identical brown ceramic diodes in this spot.

fc5fbd146095b6fe754b6c8e630810c4.jpg

very odd. Now the big question, is the red lead the cathode or is the brown banded side the cathode? If he can you should get a reading with a diode checker each way and see if you can simulate it with a 1N4001. perhaps the C9 was the smaller electrolytic cap, C14 the big one.

I would have thought the brown side would be the cathode marking.

Edited by Dave WM