IGNORED

AFM to TB boot no port

Dave WM

Can't believe I watched that whole thing!  You have PVC, polyvinylchloride, on your mind.  As opposed to PCV.

I think that the Nissan remedy is probably a way to exchange one problem for another.  The original setup, yours and mine, gums up the AAR and the throttle blade, causing high idle.  The fix, plumbing the gases between AFM and TB, probably eventually gums up the AFM and the throttle body/blade.  But it probably takes longer.

Since you know all of this stuff, if your idle sticks high you'll immediately think about AAR or throttle blade.  So the work involved in swapping AFM and PCV hoses doesn't really buy you much, you know what it is and how to fix it.  If you were going to sell the car I could see it for their convenience.  But it doesn't do much for you.

I swear I have some kind of mental block on saying PCV :) , way to hang in there for the whole thing, I tend to ramble...

Now that I have the orig air boot sorted out, I am in no hurry to mess with it. I am going to see if I can fab up a flame arrester from a spiral wire brush, seems like all it is (if I cant turn one up at the JY)

Edited by Dave WM

On 8/29/2016 at 8:54 PM, Captain Obvious said:

I think I've got a copy of that around here somewhere. Everyone always talks about it and I've never read it. Maybe I should someday...

It's on page 194, "High-Idle Problems".  It says that the symptoms were mostly for extreme cold weather, warm climate Zs possibly escaped modification. 

Here's what I followed on my early '77.  It's a '78 motor picture.  I didn't use the hardline to the AAR just a longer piece of heater hose.  I don't know why it's sideways?  Not like that until I uploaded it. 

'78 motor.jpg

• Like 1