IGNORED

Colour Schemes

axelr8

Thats a great idea can't wait to see it finished.

I couldn't help myself I just had to edit something on the Z you just posted... I think I darkened the colour a bit too much though, also when I recently went to rare-spares to get myself new rubbers and a set of new door skins I saw some old skool eye-lids so I tried doing that to this pic, they look pretty mean.

post-3855-14150793534757_thumb.jpg

Hmmm,

As far as colors (colours) go I am very partial to the original orange. But I love that blood orange that you came up with, hell it gave me chills:classic: Also a Titanium silver looks awesome too. I saw it on a Factory Five Cobra Kit and it really looks good. Blues always look great great but I think you can go too dark, it might just be me but I think lighter colors look better on Z's vice the darks. And yet another color... The old mopar Sublime Green from the 60's/70's would look awesome on a Z.

Black vehicles... I've had three and my wife is on her second... for a total of five. Maybe we're gluttons for punishment but they do look great when clean. They get dirty fast, every knick and scratch shows up and any less than perfect body work is very revealing. But my previous statement about Z's and dark colors stands.

Nate

Here is a little thing that I put together just to see how the car with the colour "Bloodorange" looks in different angles, I tried to match the colours as best I could but its almost impossible. Hopefully the owner of this car doesn't mind me using he's car as an example. If you guys want to see the fullsize image (which I recommend) I'll post them here, they are extremely good quality and look much better then these resized versions.

post-3855-14150793536171_thumb.jpg

My first Z(78) was what I referred to as British Racing Green...the very dark green...had the tan interior which I thought would have looked better in black..

My current Z (77) is a champaign gold color forget the color number..its pretty considering this has a black interior and the only other color on it is chrome, wheels , bumpers..so it looks pretty cool...

I to am thinking of changing the color on this one...either back to the green of my first one, which as said you do not see too

many of or to the yellow of the 2000-04 Corvettes...who knows, one day I want green then yellow then a blus...until I can come up with the color and stick to it the car will remain champaign...but dark green with a white racing stripe did look pretty cool....or with out the stripe..

77 Z

Is the blood orange the color on the new 350's kinda looks bronze or burnt orange...if so I have yet to see it when the sun is totally on the car...might be interesting though.

77 Z

On the other hand the tradiitional Z colors would be much better for someone trying to keep the car in some form of originality