IGNORED

Am selling my little lady to the highest bidder.......

9teen7t240z

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

$24,500

What provoked you to sell?

A couple of reasons really. Unlike 240z's and fine red wine, I personally don't seem to get better with age. Each year it's getting tougher and tougher to fall into a sports car and climb out:) That exercise is best left to youth and /or aging ex-olympic gymnasts:)

Secondly, with no active local Z club in Vegas, I'm finding fewer opportunities to really get out and enjoy the car as much as I once did.

2 hours ago, Tomcat said:

XXX Beautiful!!! Can I assume a complete and stock interior (uncracked dash, AM radio, ash tray, coin tray, etc.) as nice as the rest of the car? No rust or body work ever?

If so, and you had a picture or two of a nice underbody I'll say $27,916.43 unless it's stolen between now and then.

BTW, what's your street address?

Tomcat,

When I return to town, I'll get some better pics of the interior and try to get some of the undercarriage as well. But, yes....both are in very nice condition. And, no.....you can't have my address:)

Mike

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Thomas after I win I'll give you my chrome plating credit.  There's only one thing I need chromed and it would hurt like hell.  ROFL

Hmmm.....sounds like siteunseen is auditioning for the new Austin Powers sequel....."ChromeMember":)

• Like 3

On 8/19/2016 at 9:58 AM, KiraK said:

$24,550

I hope you get much more! She's a beauty! Makes my girl pale in comparison! Good luck Mike! 

K

The lil z lady!! :) 

Thanks for the wishes, Kira. Am looking forward to having you join us locals at Cars and Coffee and Espresso and Exotics.

There's still lots of room for additional guesses, and only one more day to do so. Anyone who hasn't played the game may as well jump right in. For those who have tendered their estimates/guesses, thanks for the input and good luck. For personal reasons, I hope the winner is someone who has estimated at the upper end:)

Unfortunately, as I predicted, the reserve was not met.

I believe part of the problem is there have been quite a few early Z cars put for auction on eBay as of late.  It seems the supply of modified cars are plentiful, while most discriminating buyers are looking for something more stock. 

My opinion is that most buyers who are willing to spend in the neighborhood 20K or more for a modified mint 240Z would be looking for a vehicle with a Robello Stroker or RB26DETT motor.  Also, the more personalized the modifications, the smaller the pool of serious buyers.

That said, I would suggest posting a car of this caliber on Hemmings Motor News or Collector Car Trader Online so it targets a more selective audience. 

Putting the car up for auction on a website like eBay where I can also purchase a 12-pack of tube socks is a disservice to a fine car.

Edited by DatsunZGuy
  • Like 1