IGNORED

Slick's Garage interested in Z cars

dmorales-bello

Curious event yesterday. I was asked by my paint/body man to show my 280Z to a "friend" of his. I accepted and they showed up at my house at 3pm. The "friend"  was Slick Humphries of the Discovery Channel's "Highway to Sell"  series and owner of Slick's Garage. He's been a s30 fan forever (turns out his first car was 260Z and owns a similar car at this time) and wants to feature a Z project on his show. My 280Z is already "done"  but he would like to use it on the show nonetheless. He mentioned what all of us already know: classic lines, iconic Japanese car, reliability, relatively low cost to own and restore, etc. and emphasized that interest for our cars is peaking and he wants to run that wave. Let's see if anything comes out of this and I'll keep you guys posted. 

20160816_092550.jpg

Edited by dmoralesbello
  • Like 3

That's a really nice looking car you have.

I wish I was closer.  I'd sell him my #110 red '72 240Z.

EDIT: You might want to do a google search on Slick's Garage before giving him your keys, he's been in a lot of trouble.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Slick's+Garage&rlz=1C1BOFA_enUS494US494&oq=Slick's+Garage&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

Not quite Olympic level trouble, but enough that I wouldn't let him have my keys if he asked.  Shops get in a bind when they keep taking in projects, and DEPOSITS, in order to keep the doors open and the lights on.  Pretty soon they have a huge backlog of unfinished work and no money to fund completion.  That happened to me with a '66 Mustang GT fastback project several years ago. 

Dennis