IGNORED

Did I get everything?

20 hours ago, beermanpete said:

That looks ok to me and is the same as what I did.

Could you tell me whether or not I should drill a small hole into my thermostat other than the small one it has now?  The one that has some type of lug hanging down and points away from the engine.

Thank you for any advice.

I filed my radiator this morning and clamped the over flow hose off then blew into the cap hole until my eyes started watering.  And lucky me found a leak I never knew about before. The lower thermostat housing had a pin hole that leaked oh so slightly. I filled it with water resistant epoxy  putty.  I'm waiting for it to harden then will sand and file the excess off.  Thanks again.

1462219007459.jpg

1462219045918.jpg

The chest pounder says that some flow back to the pump when the thermostat is closed is necessary to prevent cavitation.  Since you've closed off the manifold/carb route maybe another line is needed.  I wonder if How to Modify book has some suggestions.

Edit - nothing there.  They run open flow restrictors.  I don't even know why that "jiggle valve" piece is there.

http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hcc/2005/02/Some-Like-It-Hot/1281095.html

Edited by Zed Head

Haaaahaaa ha! Alpha males are right even when they're wrong. LOL

I remember my outboard had a cavitation plate above the prop to keep from "spinning out" with air. I'm just coming in from being downstairs all day doing small stuff. I get zoned out on something simple and waste time.

I'm going to have some cold refreshments and enjoy some solitude.  My next door neighbor, 30 feet from my den to his, is gone to the beach for a week.  Nice guy but he's a damn FBI agent and a serious one at that. Surround sound will be theater loud tonight!

I'll read up in the morning on thermostat jiggle valves when I can sit down with my laptop. Smart phones kinda suck when researching.

Thank you Zed Head.  8^)

12 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

"Good fences make good neighbors" but distance is better than a fence anyday. FBI, living thirty feet away? That's like being tailed by a cop. Even if I'm legal, it makes me nervous.

I have a house and a 3 car garage with an apartment on top.  I'm single and spend most of my time in the garage so I live back here and rent my house out.  The renters pay my mortgage and homeowners insurance plus a little extra for my pocket. :)

Luckily, fortunately or thank God according to my Mom, I quit all my evil ways in '06 and moved into the apartment and rented the house out.  FBI moved in next door in '08.  He keeps me from doing anything stupid again. LOL

My garage is the red circle and my rental is in front to the right.  He lives to the left.  It can be nerve racking but we're adults, he's on the property line not me.

close proximety.png

• Like 1