IGNORED

I Have A Need.....

psdenno

I have a need.....a need to vent.  When I log into the Classiczcars site and click on "Unread Content" to see what's going on in the Z community, nine of the first 25 posts are ebay listings posted by "Bender".  I don't want to see ebay posts by "Bender".  I've tried blocking "Bender" posts, but that doesn't seem to work.  Wading through the crap posts to get to the interesting reading that draws me to the site is a less than pleasant experience.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to block the unwanted posts, please let me know.  I find myself coming back to this site less frequently than before this issue developed.  I used to enjoy the Z content and interaction much more than now when a third of the posts are ebay redirects.

I will now slide my soapbox back under my desk and await any suggestions.  Maybe I'm the only one who is annoyed.

Dennis

No your not psdenno.  I would like to avoid them also. I glance at a few but most of them are a waste.  As far as I can figure they are not his, but maybe he is the middleman.  Some are originated from Zcardepot, but most are different individuals from all over Ebay.  Something I noticed is after you have clicked on and want return click to more unread content on classiczcars you are frozen in that window so you have to close that window and open a new window for our site.  Pain in the butt.  Mike made Bender's a blog site not in the unread content and it worked fine but after a few days; Bender was back with a vengeance.  I don't mind companies posting sales on here because I've purchased plenty from our vendors;  I don't mind regulars posting ebay car sales or Craiglistings; but Bender is more like a virus, a contaminent to this site.  Mike, limit him to one commercial ad entry per day.  Save us from this insanity, Mike!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

If you use Topics Last 24 Hours under the Activity heading instead, the eBay ads don't show.  Mike fixed it.  You can go beyond 24 hours by clicking Load More Activity at the bottom.

Perfect!  Problem solved.

Dennis

Let me see if I can describe how I worked around this. I have Classic Z car on my favorites bar in IE10. I logged in one day and selected the unread content button. A little further down there are some buttons that let you filter content. Under Content to display you can check all but the blogs button. If you don't display the blogs Bender won't show up. Once I have filtered the way I want I added it to my favorites bar. Whenever I come back it displays the content with those preferences. Also I just go down the list and right click on the bullet or balloon beside the thread title and open them in a new tab. I open 15 or so at once. While the last ones load I can start reading the first ones. No having to go back and forth. Once I read one I just close that tab. HTH

• Like 1